Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Boring and Shitty Review of Pause Cafe

I wanted to like this place. It looked hip, modern yet romantic, full of cool Parisians and some random New Yorkers. The menu was reasonable, the décor cozy (reminded me of the store Anthropologie), and the waiters young and attractive. Buuutttt…is it fair to complain about horrible customer service in Paris? I’ve had great service here as well (granted, from an Italian establishment) but this place was just a little too cool for school. The food had the potential to be great but failed on many accounts.

We both ordered soup of the day (5 Euros) but it arrived lukewarm. Our red wine (half carafe for 12) was extremely cold. And our dessert (ordered an apple crumble but got cherry for some reason) was scalding hot. And we were pretty much ignored. My Montreal friend spoke excellent French so I don’t think anything got lost in translation.

Granted, the place was slammed on a Saturday night around 9, and there were only three waiters working the place. But, with all the wonderful places in Paris, I don’t think I’ll be back.

No comments: