Monday, February 25, 2008

look me in the eye.

"I looked under the beds to make sure that snake didn't have a brother that had sneaked in while I was outside. Then I reloaded the gun and put on some pants and a shirt. There is nothing more useless than an unloaded gun in a motel room."

--excerpt from Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robison. This book is by Augusten Burroughs' older brother, and it's a memoir about growing up with Asperger's Syndrome. I'm really enjoying it, especially the fact that he writes how he (I assume) talks. It's almost staccato and very matter-of-fact. I relate to the fact that he is extremely logical and doesn't get emotional and is often confused by other people in social situations. Unfortunately, he is an engineering genius, while I am an unemployed bum. But I think we'd be good friends.

No comments: