Thursday, February 7, 2008

George Washington..erhmhughhhsnnruwak.


I really wanted to like this movie. I liked All the Real Girls. And I want to like the director, David Gordon Green. And I watched the Charlie Rose interview and he seemed...okay. Kinda milquetoast. Boring. But...urghmm....It was like Terrence Malick meets Paul Thomas Anderson meets Country Fried version of Kids (minus the sex, thank God). And I despise Kids. It just rambled around and played ambient music and had really nice cinematography. I didn't care about any of the characters, and I felt like the whole movie was underwater and I could barely stay with it. All I could think about was how chocolatey the kids' skin looked. So maybe I should watch All the Real Girls again. Maybe I was fooled. The whole thing lacked enthusiasm. I am unenthusiastic just writing about it.

p.s. I also think white directors add their middle name in to make them sound more interesting than they really are. I only have two examples right now, but I'm going to find more to prove my useless point.

1 comment:

SavvyL. said...

I think everyone throws their middle name in to be interesting.
I liked that movie too.
I've watched the first half hour on IFC at 3 am like three times.
http://venetianblindstwotimes.blogspot.com/